Subject: Adding RM support - Weekly update

Adding RM support - Weekly update

From: Mohamed Tarek <mtarek16_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 11:36:31 +0300

Greetings everyone.

Last week, support for AC3 audio in RM container was added successfully.
Just after committing the code I discovered two bugs; seeking was a bit
choppy - like if you seek to 4:24 for example, playback starts from 4:21 or
4:28, i.e not the exact desired seek time. Also, I always got segfaults at
the end of the track. But those two bugs were fixed.

So now, rockbox supports RM playback with the following codecs :
- Cook
- AAC
- AC3

All three codecs support seeking as well.

Next I'll start working on ATRAC. This codec isn't supported by rockbox,
neither does it have fixed point implementations (or I haven't yet
discovered any!), so supporting this codec will take a long time - even
beyond the end of gsoc - that's why I left it till the end.

Porting this codec should go through the following steps :
- Isolation of the codec from libffmpeg.
- Incorporating the codec in the current test program, and be able to
convert atrac audio in rm container to wav.
- Converting the codec to use fixed point math - this is where I believe
I'll spend the most time.
- Porting the codec to rockbox.

That's all for now.

Cheers,