Subject: Re: kugel: r22242 - trunk/firmware

Re: kugel: r22242 - trunk/firmware

From: Rafael Carre <rafael.carre_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 23:59:38 +0200

Le Mon, 10 Aug 2009 23:50:47 +0200,
Thomas Martitz <thomas.martitz_at_student.HTW-Berlin.de> a écrit :

> Rafael Carre wrote:

> > Why print on the second row and column if the backdrop is cleared?
> >
> > This wastes useful space (more than 12.5% on the Clip LCD for
> > example)
> >

> My fuze for example has like the half of its first row cut off by the
> case. I found it better readable, which was the commit mainly about.
>
> You still have 7 lines which should be plenty. I've also never seen a
> panic which was basically fullscreen on the clip (I'd
> s/useful/potentially useful, but not yet used/). Maybe make it #ifdef
> LCD_HEIGHT > 64 (or even 80 for c200?)?

I used it in debugging code, i don't think there is a message in
rockbox which uses more than 4 lines (the archos player only has 4
lines iiuc)

I don't see the case over the LCD on my Fuze, but I guess it must be
dependant on each device, and can happen on other models too, so i
think it could be kept like that but documented in the source.

--
Rafaël Carré