Subject: Re: FS#10199: Limiter DSP function

Re: FS#10199: Limiter DSP function

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 00:49:41 -0500

> Nobody appears to have an opinion one way or the other regarding this
> patch, so I plan to commit it tomorrow (Monday) and see how it behaves
> during the build. We're going to see a red delta for bin size and RAM
> (bloat o meter reports about 7000 bytes)

Is this really worth 7k? It's not even full dynamic range compression,
is it? Is this the absolute best way the problem this addresses can be
solved?

> but that can't be helped. And it may not link on some targets due to
> the use of IRAM attribute tags. There's only one way to find out.
Wouldn't that way be "test compile it for targets where IRAM might be a
problem before trying to have it committed?" The whole red/green build
thing is for when you miss something, not really so much for when you
already know there's likely to be a problem, and just want to find out
where.