Subject: In Windows, USB serial can work with a demo driver

In Windows, USB serial can work with a demo driver

From: Boris Gjenero <boris.gjenero_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 23:44:02 -0400

Hi,

I just got USB serial working in Vista. I used the following demo
driver: http://www.thesycon.de/eng/usb_cdcacm.shtml . I edited
cdcacmpo_demo.inf, adding:
%S_DeviceDesc1%=Install,USB\VID_05AC&PID_1209&MI_00
Then I ran DPInst while the 5G iPod was connected and USB serial was
enabled. The driver installed without problems. It seems to work well
for normal one way logf. If I rapidly start sending data to the iPod
with logf enabled in the serial driver, Rockbox quickly stops sending data.

Windows has some built in USB CDC support. The driver doesn't
autoinstall, so one has to create an .inf file. I tried using one based
on:
http://forums.freescale.com/freescale/board/message?board.id=CFCOMM&message.id=6751
. The driver did install, but I got the "This device cannot start.
(Code 10)" error.

Regards,

Boris