Subject: RE: Should the workaround for needing to reset iPods to turn them on be committed?

RE: Should the workaround for needing to reset iPods to turn them on be committed?

From: Hussein Patwa <rockbox_at_patwanet.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 13:37:41 +0100

> Hussein Patwa wrote:
> > Not sure if this is the same thing but when I connect my IPod Video
> 30GB to the PC and then disconnect the data cable after transferring
> data, Rockbox is already loaded but there is no voice speech. I have
> to reset the iPod to restart the device and then all is well. This
> doesn't happen with the device connected to AC power however. It's
> almost like only the bare minimum operating system components are
> >
> > Would this patch fix this as well, or am I going off on a total
> tangent?
>
> It's a total tangent.
>
> My patch resolves a problem with turning on the iPod. Once the iPod is
> on and Rockbox is running, the patch should not make any difference.
>
> When speech fails to work after a USB connection, that is a separate
> bug. With r22668, speech works on my 30GB 5th generation iPod after a
> USB connection. If you're running an older version of Rockbox, try
> upgrading.
Hi,

OK, sorry for the tangent but thanks for the clarification. I wasn't quite sure what the patch was, but clearly I was in error and stand corrected.

If it helps though, from seeing people who've reported the bug, I'd say if it's had testing and works, then commit it.

Best,

H.

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4413 (20090910) __________

http://www.eset.com