is the BUFFER_EVENT_BUFFER_LOW event actually used?

From: Jonathan Gordon <>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 22:35:35 -0700

Saratoga and me (mostly him) had a bit of a dig into the
buffering/playback code to find the problem with the clip... anyway
probably totally unrelated but I noticed that the
BUFFER_EVENT_BUFFER_LOW event is either redundant or broken or unused?
Apparently (in the sim at least anyway) removing the send_event() line
(or commenting out the guts of buffering_low_buffer_callback() )
changes absolutely nothing....

any ideas?