Subject: Translatable strings in skins... (someone needs to fix the Makefile for checkwps though)

Translatable strings in skins... (someone needs to fix the Makefile for checkwps though)

From: Jonathan Gordon <jdgordy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 19:21:21 -0700

It struck me that there is no way to have strings in skins be
translated, which I tihnk would suck for any non english speakers
(considering almost all the themes on the site are english)...

So, attached is the patch I'm thinking about committing to fix this..

It adds a new token to the skins which takes the english string (must
be exactly as in english.lang) and will display it in whatever
language the user uses..

%Sx|Now Playing| will display "Now Playing" in whatever language is
set.... cool aye?

UNFORTUNATELY... I cant check this in yet...

I need a Makefile guru to fix checkwps because it now relies on
english.lang being parsed and the 4 autogenerated lang files being
available.
So, if you know black magic/voodoo give us a hand and this can go in...

Jonathan