Subject: RE: questions about latest Rockbox

RE: questions about latest Rockbox

From: Hussein Patwa <rockbox_at_patwanet.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 02:18:13 +0100

> I have a few questions about some obvious changes I have found in
> rockbox since my last build which was around r17,000.
> If this is explained somewhere, please point me to it.
>
> 1. Why was time removed from rockbox info?
> 2. Is the only way to see the time with voice now just in the time>set
> time menu?

This is an interesting one. Because, if it was moved and it's possible to
visually see the time somewhere else, this would mean that that area may not
be accessible with voice. I can't see this myself visually but maybe it was
built into the WPS?

> 3. Why was the time menu moved under system on the main menu?

Just a guess but if you consider that the whole setting of the time function
is a fairly system-critical function, as so many things may depend on it.
Another analogy is having the security alarm setting for your house built
into your stereo effects system on your Hi-Fi.

Some of the rationale behind this may be in the SVN commit notes and you may
be able to pull them up as a complete batch of all comments since a
particular revision date but I'm not sure if this is possible or what the
commands are. Alternatively, there's a link on the homepage which allows
you to get commits for the last 12 months. I'm not sure of the date of your
build though so it may be older than this. No doubt someone will come along
shortly and set us straight.

database 4478 (20091003) __________

http://www.eset.com