Subject: Re: building accessible vmware images to work with Rockbox.

Re: building accessible vmware images to work with Rockbox.

From: Daniel Dalton <d.dalton_at_iinet.net.au>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 10:57:52 +1100

On Fri, Oct 02, 2009 at 06:47:26PM +0100, Hussein Patwa wrote:
> I assume what you are thinking of doing is having a VMware image of a
> Linux-based operating system configured with some kind of access technology,
> be it ORCA or similar. Then you would load that image, and use the access

Orca runs from a gui and I personally try and use speakup or brltty when
compiling things as speakup and brltty are much better with handling
compiler output.

> software to compile Rockbox, possibly using a semi-automated process by
> means of a script rather than entering commands manually. The script could
> be configured to provide options which, when selected by the user, perform
> different actions. This would of course significantly reduce the end-users
> requirement to know much about the commands themselves. Is that along the
> lines of what you're thinking? If so, count me in as being interested.

Hmm, that's an interesting thought... I personally think sticking to the
current method:
mkdir build && cd build && ../tools/configure
then a 'make' or make -j...

A blind person is more than capable of reading a few lines of output,
and I'm sure running a configure script and a make isn't to
difficult... (I'm blind myself and use debian (a standard installation),
with brltty).
But of course the script would be a boness because you can always choose
to use the standard commands.

Dan.