Subject: Re: FS#10187:Theme Deleter - Parses CFG files and removes their files

Re: FS#10187:Theme Deleter - Parses CFG files and removes their files

From: Teruaki Kawashima <kamekun_at_r6.dion.ne.jp>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 21:50:43 +0900

> The last patch looks a bit fishy to me. I'm not sure why it needs a
> context menu in the core, can't it be just installed as a viewer? I'd be
> in favor of the one that does it without context menu.
I posted a patch I'm thinking to commit and it is the one without
context menu.

> I'm also unsure why it implements a printf(), are existing tools not
> applicable?
I wanted to show entire path of file names. From my experience, path
tends to not contain spaces and splashf() doesn't handle such strings well.
But since the printf() isn't still good especially for smaller LCDs, I
can change it to use splashf().

> How does it things that are usually shared (fonts, icons)?
User can select which file to be removed and settings are set to "Ask"
for icons by default. I hope it reduce the problem.

> What's the point of rockbox-fonts.config, what is it used for? Rockbox
> isn't limited to the fonts pre-installed. Anyone can build their own
> font and use them in themes.
For the purpose of rockbox-fonts.config, see the comment at
http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/10187#comment31796 and next one.
In such a case, users would change setting to not remove fonts at all.

> It seems to be limited to themes in the /.rockbox/themes directory. That
> seems unneeded if it works as a viewer. Also, themes are by no means
> tied to that directory.
It doesn't. It removes the .cfg file only if the file is in the
/.rockbox/themes directory though.