Subject: Re: Sansa AMS Fuzev1 & e200v2

Re: Sansa AMS Fuzev1 & e200v2

From: Thomas Martitz <>
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2009 14:07:14 +0200

On 09.10.2009 09:54, Rafaël Carré wrote:
> Hi,
> After r22850, these models seems to read/write microSD cards just fine.
> At least in my own experience with a Fuze.
> Except occasional glitches in LCD display, I can't think of a problem
> affecting them, if not unsupported features (USB& recording)

I think the lcd glitches and lack of recording is already enough for
keeping it in unstable. Then we also have poor battery life compared to
the OF (IIRC ~15h vs (rated, I think nobody really tested it) 24h on the
Fuze). fixes the glitches, but the
hold button doesn't work with it.

I think USB doesn't matter to much in that regard, as it's usually a
very tough job to get it working (especially without datasheets). Wasn't
someone working on it?

> There was a suggestion that "Stable" means at least one official
> release (so not before 3.5), but that's nothing agreed upon.

I don't think the difference between unstable and stable should be that
little. isn't very
clear about stable, but IMO stable should have a complete feature set
(minus USB) and no known bugs.

> By the way we should make a final 1.1 version of mkamsboot, the current
> release candidate works pretty fine.

I did that already. Sorry that I forgot to announce it. The bootloader
is 1.0 on the download server. The linux version should of mkamsboot
should be 1.1. The bootloader branch has the RC bits removed.