Subject: Re: Sansa AMS Fuzev1 & e200v2

Re: Sansa AMS Fuzev1 & e200v2

From: Björn Stenberg <>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 14:34:54 +0200

Thomas Martitz wrote:
> I think the lcd glitches and lack of recording is already enough for
> keeping it in unstable. Then we also have poor battery life compared
> to the OF (IIRC ~15h vs (rated, I think nobody really tested it) 24h
> on the Fuze).
> [...]
> IMO stable should have a complete feature set (minus USB) and no known bugs.

I disagree. I don't think minor cosmetic issues, missing nonessential features or suboptimal mean the port is unstable. Neither does suboptimal battery life. And most "stable" ports have known bugs too.

I think the TargetClassifications page is quite clear: If the build can be used as a digital music player, it's good enough for stable. And in my view, "used as a digital music player" does not require for example recording or radio.

I think ports should stay in unstable only as long as there is some issue that prevents normal everyday use.