Subject: Re: FS#10187:Theme Deleter - Parses CFG files and removes their files

Re: FS#10187:Theme Deleter - Parses CFG files and removes their files

From: Teruaki Kawashima <kamekun_at_r6.dion.ne.jp>
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2009 23:18:06 +0900

>> I wanted to show entire path of file names. From my experience, path
>> tends to not contain spaces and splashf() doesn't handle such strings
well.
>> But since the printf() isn't still good especially for smaller LCDs, I
>> can change it to use splashf().
>
> There are more ways to print a string, like various puts functions. It
> doesn't need to be a splash. You can even add scrolling for long
> filenames on small screens.

puts_scroll isn't so different from splash here, imo.

>>> What's the point of rockbox-fonts.config, what is it used for? Rockbox
>>> isn't limited to the fonts pre-installed. Anyone can build their own
>>> font and use them in themes.
>>>
>> For the purpose of rockbox-fonts.config, see the comment at
>> http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/10187#comment31796 and next one.
>> In such a case, users would change setting to not remove fonts at all.
>>

> I see, I don't like it though. The mechanism seems rather wobby and
> wasted special casing adding much complexity. What's the gain really? If
> a theme from the theme site doesn't work, the user can just re-download
> the package.

Isn't it a gain to save user reinstalling fonts?

> Additionally, I don't see why icons and fonts are handled differently,
> asking for deletion of fonts also is the better way IMO.

It's not more than that I didn't think so when I wrote it. I'll change
it to "Ask".

>> It removes the .cfg file only if the file is in the
>> /.rockbox/themes directory though.
>>

> Why?

the .cfg files in the /.rockbox/themes/ would be theme file but the
files in other directories may not be theme file. e.g
/.rockbox/config.cfg and /.rockbox/fixed.cfg.