Subject: Re: Sansa AMS Fuzev1 & e200v2

Re: Sansa AMS Fuzev1 & e200v2

From: Rafaël Carré <>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 16:49:02 +0200

On Fri, 9 Oct 2009 14:34:54 +0200
Björn Stenberg <> wrote:

> Thomas Martitz wrote:
> > I think the lcd glitches and lack of recording is already enough for
> > keeping it in unstable. Then we also have poor battery life compared
> > to the OF (IIRC ~15h vs (rated, I think nobody really tested it) 24h
> > on the Fuze).
> > [...]
> > IMO stable should have a complete feature set (minus USB) and no
> > known bugs.
> I disagree. I don't think minor cosmetic issues, missing nonessential
> features or suboptimal mean the port is unstable. Neither does
> suboptimal battery life. And most "stable" ports have known bugs too.
> I think the TargetClassifications page is quite clear: If the build
> can be used as a digital music player, it's good enough for stable.
> And in my view, "used as a digital music player" does not require for
> example recording or radio.
> I think ports should stay in unstable only as long as there is some
> issue that prevents normal everyday use.

I have the same opinion, the port is ready for daily use:
        - the LCD glitches do not render the device unusable
        - recording is not essential, and if necessary to someone there
          is still the option to reboot to OF
        - the battery life is decent even if not equal or better to the
          battery life of OF (and you have a patch to improve it,

Rafaël Carré