Subject: FS#10566 - Customizable statusbar (using skin engine)

FS#10566 - Customizable statusbar (using skin engine)

From: Thomas Martitz <thomas.martitz_at_student.htw-berlin.de>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 14:30:28 +0200

I intend to commit FS#10566 within the next week. To sum it up: It
allows you to write a .sbs file using the wps syntax* which is visible
in the entire UI, showing everything the WPS can show.

I've been using it all day since then on my fuze and e200. It's working
flawlessly as far as I can tell.

My plan is to commit preparing 3 patches today (in a few hours):
a) enhance %mp tag to show the play status of other screens (radio,
recording)
b) add %cs tag to show where you currently are (in menus, wps, radio or
recording screen)
c) rework aa buffering internally to allow more than 1 albumart with
different sizes to be buffered.

These are needed to make the statusbar flexible enough to basically be
able to offer everything the current statusbar can do (together with the
existing %St it can even show all information the current special
recording statusbar shows) and to allow everything the wps does.

Then I would want to commit the actual patch on monday or later. So if
anyone wants to give it a try/test, I would be happy if you do.

*With 2 tiny exceptions: it must contain at least 1 explicit viewport,
and having a %Vi viewport which is invisible but describes the UI
viewport the statusbar is designed for is highly recommended