Subject: Re: Buttons in Hold Mode

Re: Buttons in Hold Mode

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 13:14:54 -0500

Thomas Martitz wrote:
> Paul Louden schrieb:
>> Rob Purchase wrote:
>> The grid mode absolutely should not be removed - it's the ONLY way to
>> allow full use of the player blind.
>
> It totally should. It's a crippled mode against the nature of
> touchscreens. It's a pity that we even have it, but it was sadly
> inevitable as our gui wasn't prepared for this.
>
> And I highly doubt you can use the player totally blindly with it. You
> get no physical feedback if you hit the right area, and hitting the
> wrong area seems rather likely.
Are you actually calling me a liar here, or do you not understand that I
*have* used it like this?

You don't need physical feedback. There's audible feedback of volume
changes or track skips if you're just using it in the WPS.

Have you not used, for example, the Gigabeat F? The touch cross doesn't
move when you touch it, it's just there. There's no physical feedback
except the absolute shape of the device. This is the same situation.

I'm getting tired of hearing "I can't use it that way, so surely nobody
can" mentality when someone here (me) has actually done so quite
successfully.