Subject: Re: Custom button mappings - a proposal

Re: Custom button mappings - a proposal

From: Paul Louden <>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 15:31:58 -0500

Frank Gevaerts wrote:
> I'd still like to give the option to really have no traces left of the
> original. This would allow e.g. using only physical buttons on a
> touchscreen target, which otherwise is not possible.
Many touchscreen targets simply don't have enough buttons for this, so
there needs to be a way to allow the absolute touchscreen UI to pass

As long as grid mode still exists, if the player's in it the user could
simply leave all 9 grid buttons unassigned and the touchscreen would, in
effect, be "dead" and it would require purely button-based controls.
This would basically allow your desire to be an option without ruling
out (or making more difficult) the alternatives either.