Subject: Re: Buttons in Hold Mode

Re: Buttons in Hold Mode

From: pondlife <pondlife_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 10:03:20 +0100

> I agree that having a Hold mode where certain buttons are allowed could be
> a neat feature, and I'm for it if it is disabled by default.
>
> I want Rockbox to be as good as it can be. If allowing a few buttons in a
> special hold mode improves the experience, then I'm all for it.

I also agree - how about having a "Hold type" option on software hold
targets, with three options:
- lock all (the default)
- lock touchscreen
- track skip only (i.e. party mode)

Maybe we could then drop party mode as a seperate option... it is a controls
lock of sorts...

I don't think a solution to this problem should be tied to customisable
keymaps - I'm slightly against that idea, largely on the basis that if
there's a *better* keymap for a particular target then it should be coded
for all to enjoy.

pondlife