Subject: Re: the UI viewport logic.. someone please help my understanding?

Re: the UI viewport logic.. someone please help my understanding?

From: Jonathan Gordon <jdgordy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 13:12:54 -0700

2009/10/28 Thomas Martitz <thomas.martitz_at_student.htw-berlin.de>:

> No idea, you wrote the function to act like that. You even defended the way
> it excludes the statusbar area back when I proposed a "ignore
> statusbars"/"really, fullscreen" parameter. Anyway, renaming is a simple
> thing.

which is why I said at the start (might have been in irc) that calling
the sbs statusbars was a very bad idea....
fullscreen in svn should do fullscreen minus the *current* bar, that
bar is being removed though so once that happens fullscreen should be
the real fullscreen. set_defaults (or better named set_uiarea() )
should return the ui area set by the setting. When that happens you
have a problem where set_daults() needs to know what type of screen it
is being called from so it gets the right one (setting or Vi) unless
you remove Vi (which is what I have been arguing!)