Subject: Re: Gigabeat S unstable

Re: Gigabeat S unstable

From: Dave Chapman <>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 23:23:40 +0000

Alex Parker wrote:
> Hi All,
> I'd like to have the beast as unstable - it has a released bootloader
> and released beastpatcher versions for linux (32 and 64 bit) and
> windows, and the manual contains manual install instructions. Only mac
> is missing, owing to a lack of developers on that platform. Personally
> I don't think that is enough to keep it from unstable. Thoughts?

The question is whether it meets the following:

The wiki could definitely be improved, and the install instructions
possibly could as well, but I've no objection to it being moved to unstable.

That page just says that we need to support at least one OS for the
installation, so the lack of an OS X version of beastpatcher shouldn't
keep it from unstable.