Subject: Re: kugel: r23526 - trunk/apps/gui

Re: kugel: r23526 - trunk/apps/gui

From: Thomas Martitz <thomas.martitz_at_student.htw-berlin.de>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 14:06:54 +0100

Am 05.11.2009 03:36, schrieb Jonathan Gordon:
> I think this is a bad "fix" for the non bg (which we agreed it was it
> irc)... I tihnk the better fix is the go back to calling
> set_fullscreen() at the start of set_defaults() so the font is always
> user font, and the colours are always from the settings... I cant
> tihnk of any reason why a skin shuold set the font or colours for the
> lists (and getting them from the "ui viewport" setting doesnt make
> sense either, because this change doesnt work if that isnt set.)

If the UI vp isn't set, the whole branch isn't entered in the first
place (it's within "if (sbs_area && user_setting)").

As noted in the other long thread, the UI vp is the viewport "for the
whole UI except skins". It is even for skins now. Hence it is the UI's
default viewport. Any viewport that wants default should follow it.
Therefore the change is correct.

The lists only get their viewport from the sbs if no ui viewport is set.
That's the only possibiluty and that's what %Vi is for (I repeatedly
said that in the other long thread), and what we talked about quickly
here: http://www.rockbox.org/irc/log-20091104#23:29:47 (note that you
"agreed").

Remember that a viewport is more than just coordinates.

> Also, the changed comment is now incorrect (or still badly worded..
> yay for the english language!)

Can you tell me where incorrect? We can possible improve the wording still.

Best regards.