Subject: Re: Touchscreen Interface

Re: Touchscreen Interface

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 12:07:56 -0600

Thomas Martitz wrote:

> I, for myself, find the grid mode generally crippled by design.
How is it "crippled" exactly considering it provides access to the
functionality of Rockbox to more users than can use the absolute mode?
In terms of "crippled" one could easily argue that absolute mode is so
since it's usable in less situations than grid mode, and for less people.

We've already established that grid mode is, at the very least, an
accessibility feature, and I've gone through the effort of showing that
even commercial software feels blind users might use touchscreen devices
and makes an effort to provide accessibility features on what may well
be the widest selling touchscreen device extant (the iPhone). To remove
it would to simply be to say "I don't use it, so I think we should
remove our accessibility features on this device."