Subject: Re: H300 bootloader - another (final?) push

Re: H300 bootloader - another (final?) push

From: pondlife <pondlife_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 13:10:03 -0000

Hi Matthias,

I'd be interested if you can work out any difference in USB charging or
power drain. We certainly want the new bootloader to be as good as the old
one.

USB bootloader mode in V5 NEVER works for some devices (mine included), but
works fine for others - probably a timing issue, and maybe the same
underlying problem that causes petur's woes? Either way, it's a royal pain.

> So could LinusN tell us the revision so that we're able to have a look at
> the differences to the previous version?

I hope so - hint!

> And what happens if some of us bricks his device?

Time to buy a new one.

> Is it worth the effort to send it to LinusN to unbrick it?

Linus is a very nice person (he fixed my unbricked, but broken H300), but I
wouldn't expect his help - it's not trivial, as I understand it.

> I think we should also have a (re)look at several flyspray patches
> regarding the bootloader code, noticeably FS#3039 and FS#9202
> and also have a deeper look at some feature requests e.g. in FS#5504 or
> FS#8085.

I would rather keep the scope of this task just to "getting the current SVN
bootloader functional". Once we've achieved that, patches and FRs will be
usefuil, but until then I fear they will gather dust. (In fact, I stopped
working on the RTC patch for this very reason.)

pondlife