Subject: Re: final statusbar warning and minor rant

Re: final statusbar warning and minor rant

From: Peter D'Hoye <>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 10:22:42 +0100

minor rant?
> So you can imagine how annoyed I am that yesterday there is complaints
> about it not being pixel perfect (from speculation seen as that person
> hadn't even tried it yet!) and accusations of me not caring about even
> trying to keep all the current features.
> So this is my final warning on the matter.... the current inbuilt bar
> is dead.. it causes problems, and generally sucks compared to what can
> be done with skins. I will hopefully be commiting the patch this week,
> which means if you really rely on the inbuilt bar (and its piddly
> animations :/ ) then either don't update when it happens, or help with
> the conversion effort.... Its well past the point of complaining.
well, I kinda liked the battery charging animation, and if this
statusbar is a step back then you shouldn't be surprised about the
And the recording statusbar has errors and missing info that needs fixing...

I can't remember if there was much discussion about this statusbar
skinning prior to commit and if this was a single-person initiative or
not, but if it is one person against the community, the community wins.
Sorry JdG....

Maybe I should join amiconn and fork before the shiny bloat takes over
from the practical purpose this firmware once had.

PS: now that is what I call a rant.