Subject: Re: Release thoughts

Re: Release thoughts

From: Björn Stenberg <>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 10:45:23 +0100

Frank Gevaerts wrote:
> - We provide a feedback template that helps people figure out what needs
> testing, and to ensure that the resulting reports are reasonably easy
> to handle.

I believe we talked about something similar during devcon, didn't we? Anyway, I completely agree.

However rather than having a person manually compile test results, I'd like to go one step further and see a generic system for user testing on the web site. Such a system could also include testing patches before they are committed, as long as test builds are provided.

I also agree that there is probably a significant amount of users out there who would be happy to help with testing. We just need to make it as easy for them as possible.