Subject: Re: Release thoughts

Re: Release thoughts

From: Thomas Martitz <>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 11:40:11 +0100

Am 23.11.2009 10:45, schrieb Björn Stenberg:
> Frank Gevaerts wrote:
>> - We provide a feedback template that helps people figure out what needs
>> testing, and to ensure that the resulting reports are reasonably easy
>> to handle.
> I believe we talked about something similar during devcon, didn't we? Anyway, I completely agree.
> However rather than having a person manually compile test results, I'd like to go one step further and see a generic system for user testing on the web site. Such a system could also include testing patches before they are committed, as long as test builds are provided.
> I also agree that there is probably a significant amount of users out there who would be happy to help with testing. We just need to make it as easy for them as possible.

Could we use the build system for that? I mean, we could simply make a
svn branch for the patch in question (or jsut the release branch of
course) and have the build clients perform a svn switch to the branch
before building. We would only need to worry about how to distribute the
builds on the webpage and make it user-transparent.

Best regards.