Subject: Re: Release thoughts

Re: Release thoughts

From: Frank Gevaerts <frank_at_gevaerts.be>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 13:07:53 +0100

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 10:45:23AM +0100, Björn Stenberg wrote:
> Frank Gevaerts wrote:
> > - We provide a feedback template that helps people figure out what needs
> > testing, and to ensure that the resulting reports are reasonably easy
> > to handle.
>
> I believe we talked about something similar during devcon, didn't we? Anyway, I completely agree.

Partly. I'm not sure if we considered using this sort of report for
full-scale release testing.

> However rather than having a person manually compile test results, I'd like to go one step further and see a generic system for user testing on the web site.

I would definitely like to have that sort of system, but I'm not too
optimistic about having it for testing the next release. If we assume
two weeks of freeze+branch, it would need to be ready in 16 days, and
while that's not impossible to achieve (this is a reasonably simple
system after all), I think we should at least be prepared to not have
it.

Frank