Subject: Re: Useability concerns

Re: Useability concerns

From: Sam Pattuzzi <sam.pattuzzi_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 18:14:59 +0000

OK, what I think I will do is conduct a usability test with my family.
I'm going to have a go at building a list of most common tasks with
Rockbox and share them here before I start. Ideas for these tasks are
welcome, I'm thinking along the lines of:
      * Load music
      * Play music
      * As above for podcasts
      * Save a bookmark
      * Resume a bookmark
      * Make a playlist
      * Should installation be included?

One thing I want opinions on before I do that though is, how important
is the manual? Should it have been read religiously before touching the
device? Should it be there just in case they need a hand? At what point
is it a problem if the user has to refer to the manual?

Looking forward to responses.

Sam