Subject: Re: Useability concerns

Re: Useability concerns

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 02:05:53 -0600

Marcin Bukat wrote:
> If some usability test procedure will be available I volunteer to make
> tests with my ipod mini around (rockboxed of course).
> I think that -dev list is the place to speak about usability concerns.
> It is much more related to development than to support.

I think the idea is that people often say "Rockbox should be more
usable" but as a general thing, usability is subjective. User preference.

Once such a study is completed by many users, discussion of whether
changes are needed, and if so, what they are belongs on the dev list.
Users discussing their software preferences in relation to Rockbox, on
the other hand (and especially users who aren't actively working on a
patch to demonstrate their suggested UI changes) aren't really
development work. They're mostly just musings on "how I would do it if I
were making it."