Subject: Re: Crossfade options

Re: Crossfade options

From: john <>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 19:03:56 +0100

Hi Jeff

> I've already done both. Try a recent build (within the past week or so)
> and see what you think. "Auto track change only" make manual skips
> instantaneous, but the crossfade manual skip process now at least starts
> immediately also. The fade process takes a few seconds like it always
> did, though.

I tried... Very fine. Of course fading needs some time, but now only
the fading time itself and nothing more. And what happened: As I use a
setting with a rather short fade time, I currently let it always fade
now. I guess, if I would use a longer fading, I would switch to "Auto
track change only".

Thinking of that another thing comes too mind: Different fading
setting for every kind of skip. For example, auto skip would do a
longer fade than manual skip. Just brainstorming, seems like overkill
too me.

Thanks again