Subject: Re: setting up linux for compiling rockbox.

Re: setting up linux for compiling rockbox.

From: Hilton Shumway <>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 18:25:41 -0700

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 6:19 PM, alex wallis

> Hi, many thanks for your reply.
> The problem with the shared folder may this: The created folder is a
> virtual one and if you share this via vmware, it is still on the vm hard
> disk. Try to take the folder on your real OS and share it from there to the
> machine.
> Could you please tell me how I go about doing this? I understand about
> folder sharing in windows, but am not at all sure about how to do this under
> linux, or what I would need to do to get windows to share my rockbox folder
> with the virtual machine.
> Many thanks for your help.
> Alex.
You'll need to use the windows file sharing, then mount it in the virtual
machine using samba. I believe the package is named 'smbfs', see the
mount.cifs man page for details.

A selected quote: Claims of humanitarian concerns are merely a fig leaf over
a naked power grab by the state -- Maria Martins
Charles de Gaulle<>
- "The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs."