Subject: Re: branch for 3.5 today/tonight/this weekend?

Re: branch for 3.5 today/tonight/this weekend?

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 18:58:20 -0600

Jonathan Gordon wrote:
> Users will notice a difference in some screens (recording and fm
> especially), but obviously I'm the only one who cares about that(!)

Don't act like you really care about it. You're unwilling to wait *two
weeks*, and would rather demand that we change the entire release
schedule to avoid inconveniencing you and are holding this change over
everyone's heads saying "change the release schedule or I commit it
now." If you really cared about not surprising users with changed
behaviour in the release you'd say "okay, you guys don't agree we should
change the schedule, so I'll have a small amount of patience and wait
until after the branch." Caring about the users is allowing yourself to
be inconvenienced, not demanding everyone else change their behaviour or
else you force things upon the users. You're basically trying to use the
user base as a weapon here.