Subject: Re: branch for 3.5 today/tonight/this weekend?

Re: branch for 3.5 today/tonight/this weekend?

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 19:29:55 -0600

Jonathan Gordon wrote:

> actually thinking about it, the only users which will be effected
> negativly are those who have the statusbar disabled *and* use the
> fm./rec screens *and* actually want the bar there... so about 3
> people...

You're the one who explicitly said you don't feel the patch should be in
the release. Going back on that now is fine. Maybe it is suitable for
the release.

But at the time you were saying "this patch shouldn't be in the release.
You guys need to change the release schedule so that the branch happens
now, because one way or another I'm committing it and that's the only
way to avoid it harming the release, and I'm unwilling to just wait to
commit it until after the scheduled branch point."

I didn't claim it was negative. I respected your claim that it was.