Subject: Change the erase dynamic playlist warning to a menu with several options including a quick save

Change the erase dynamic playlist warning to a menu with several options including a quick save

From: Alex Bennee <kernel-hacker_at_bennee.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 21:02:45 +0000

Hi,

Almost a year ago I first submitted this patch to improve the "Warn on
Dynamic Playlist Erase" dialogue with a few more options. The original
patch attracted a few review comments which I have fixed in follow up
patches. However the patch has remained un-merged and there have been
no follow up comments to the more recent patches.

FS#9677 changes the behaviour of rockbox when it detects a modified
playlist is about to be smashed. Instead of just warning it now brings
up a 3 action menu:

 (Potential playlist erasing action) ->
 "Save current playlist?
   + as "current name"
   + as ....
   + No (Changes will be lost)

This allows a quick save, or a save via the filename editor rather
than forcing the user to exit and select "Save Playlist" via the other
playlist menus.

I would appreciate any comments even if it's a "Never going to be
accepted" comment. I've been happily carrying this in my own tree for
a year so can continue doing that if I have to.

--
Alex, homepage: http://www.bennee.com/~alex/
http://www.half-llama.co.uk