Subject: can audio_pause() in playback.c be changed to queue_post so it doesnt block?

can audio_pause() in playback.c be changed to queue_post so it doesnt block?

From: Jonathan Gordon <jdgordy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 13:18:47 -0800

Hi,
Is there any reason audio_pause() in playback.c needs to block? I cant
think why it would be critical that it doesn't return until the audio
has actually paused, and it means it cant be called from events (i.e
the pause on track change patch).

Would it be dangerous at all to just change that?
The commit message that last touched that line mentions removing race
conditions, but I dont know if thats the rest of the patch or what?

Cheers
Jonathan