Subject: Re: kkurbjun (r24062): Accept a form of FS #10561

Re: kkurbjun (r24062): Accept a form of FS #10561

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 09:31:46 -0600

Thomas Martitz wrote:
> I agree too. IMO it was a good change, and this discussion is wasted
> time.
>
> I also don't get the sense of saying "adding a power-up is totally
> fine, whereas changing the ball speed slightly drastically changes the
> game rules". It just doesn't make sense to me.
> Is there written rules that define what is a drastic change in
> gameplay and what not?
One changes the game on all targets in the same way. One changes the
game so that it's significantly harder to do certain things that were
relatively easy before on some targets, while leaving other targets
untouched.

I'll let you figure out why these are different.

This "improvement" is only in visible appearance, while degrading the
gameplay.