Subject: Re: themes, skins, backdrops and RAM usage... (i.e sure to be controversial)

Re: themes, skins, backdrops and RAM usage... (i.e sure to be controversial)

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 14:00:30 -0600

Jonathan Gordon wrote:

> tiny would be text heavy but no images.. the RAM required for even a
> stupidly heavy text based WPS doesnt come close to one which loads
> even a single medium sized image. And the space required for text is
> constant, whereas its display dependant for images. but yes, it would
> act the same as the max files in folder setting.

Well the numbers can be hammered out in time. I was more just proposing
that if a more technically intelligent way ends up too complicated, it'd
be possible to just have a tiny/small/medium/large/giant type selection
and give some general ideas about how I saw the size ranges personally
when thinking about it.