Subject: Re: themes, skins, backdrops and RAM usage... (i.e sure to be controversial)

Re: themes, skins, backdrops and RAM usage... (i.e sure to be controversial)

From: Jonathan Gordon <jdgordy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 11:39:00 -0800

2009/12/22 pondlife <pondlife_at_ntlworld.com>:
> Hi guys,
>
> What I want (seeing a you're asking):
> - As much RAM as possible for the audio buffer (i.e. a setting to reduce any
> st\atic allocation, assuming the setting itself doesn't eat much RAM!).
> - the ability to set colours to work on the fly (i.e. as it always did, most
> useful for actually seeing the colour/readability on target.  A reboot, or
> text file editing, should not be part of this)
>
> Simple as that.
>
> pondlife

I never actually said anything about removing the configuration, just
the setting. What I actually envision is using the same UI for colours
as is already there but instead of getting the value from the config,
it gets the value from a "default.sbs" or something. I'd also like to
add a UI to help users choose the ui viewport (seen as its a naughty
hidden cfg only setting).

That said, I really cant see how someone who doesnt use pretty themes
would bother with changing the colours very regularly.