Subject: Re: Bug or intentional?

Re: Bug or intentional?

From: Bertrik Sikken <bertrik_at_sikken.nl>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 11:47:34 +0100

On 27-12-2009 4:25, Paul Louden wrote:
> Apparently within the WPS context menu some submenus (for example, sound
> settings) can be entered and exited without leaving to the WPS.
> Meanwhile others (like Playlist) cannot. Attempting to leave them by
> pressing "left" will take you to the WPS again rather than back to the
> root menu. JdGordon says this was intentional at some point.

I think this is indeed intentional.

There is even a special macro to mark a menu as an "onplay" menu.
I actually tried to make this more consistent (it was easily possible
to make it completely consistent) in FS#9037
http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/9037

> Can anyone explain the rational behind why we should have menus that
> work normally going "right" but inexplicably don't when going "left" or
> is this something we can fix going forward rather than preserving it as
> a bad behaviour?

I don't know the rationale and wouldn't mind removing this special
behaviour.

Kind regards,
Bertrik