Rockbox mail archive
Subject: Re: I suggest we postpone release 14 days
Re: I suggest we postpone release 14 days
We're on the best way to be a month late. I'd say if we exceed this
month we should just skip 3.5 (name the next release 3.5), since 3.6
wants to be released too and I guess we want to meet the "deadline" for
that one, otherwise there would only be 2 month between 3.5 and 3.6.
Although if we keep the current cycle we're gonna have the same problems
at this year's christmas. Maybe delaying the schedule by a month or so
for all subsequent releases or changing the number if releases per year
would be a good idea. (/me'd still prefers 3 per year).
Am 09.12.2009 19:53, schrieb Daniel Stenberg:
> 2 - because several pretty largish changes have recently been
> committed that I think will appreciate getting slightly longer time to
> settle before we can consider them release-worthy.
It seems quite a few people are not away (or have forgotten) which
changes you're refering too. One of them is probably the viewportmanager
api change, but I'm not sure if any of the remaining bugs is a real
If we decide on starting the release cycle soon, I'd like to propose
that (since we have no real testing system yet) we have 2 RC builds, 1
for the freeze phase and one for the branch phase. Getting testers in
the official test builds forum is probably the best we can get at this
Received on 2010-01-04
Page was last modified "Jan 10 2012" The Rockbox Crew