Subject: FS#10898 - playlist viewer in the WPS

FS#10898 - playlist viewer in the WPS

From: Jonathan Gordon <jdgordy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 23:24:14 -0800

http://forums.rockbox.org/index.php?topic=23575.0
http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/10898

Hey all,
I havn't got as much excitement from the forums as I was hoping, so
throwing this out to a wider audience. How do people feel about this
feature? What it does is let you is display a customised playlist
viewer on the WPS (or SBS) using the id3 info from tracks which are
buffered and only the filename for those which arn't (so no extra disk
accesses).

Its obviously not going to be for everyone, and I'm sure someone will
say it doesnt go far enough (customisability wise), but I tihnk in its
current form its well past "good enough" and I want to see about
getting it commited.

I'm not entirly happy about it reimplementing the skin parser and
displayer, but without doing major rework I cant think of a nicer way
to do this.

So, any thoughts? comments?
And, any other tags which should be supported? (list is in the tracker
and forum thread)

Jonathan

P.S This is *at least* as useful (if not alot more) than album art,
and has a much smaller code footprint so please dont reject it
outright because you might not see the point of it.