Subject: Re: Recognize the Apple remote FM tuner during boot

Re: Recognize the Apple remote FM tuner during boot

From: Dave Chapman <dave_at_dchapman.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 13:24:00 +0000

asettico wrote:
> I "discover" two statements ifdef-ed out in bootloader/ipod.c:313 since
> r7784 (the first revision of this file).
>
> Do you see any problem to enable those lines or something could get
> break? (Unfortunately I have no knowledge about the RB architecture and
> I can't build a FW now).

The Rockbox bootloader doesn't enable interrupts, and therefore doesn't
use a lot of the core Rockbox drivers (which will rely on interrupts
working).

The ipod bootloader just initialises as little of the hardware as is
necessary to boot Rockbox.

What would be the reason to recognise the Apple remote FM tuner during boot?

Regards,

Dave.