Subject: Re: Problems downloading rockbox components with cygwin

Re: Problems downloading rockbox components with cygwin

From: Dominik Riebeling <dominik.riebeling_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2010 23:28:59 +0000

On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 11:11 PM, Hussein Patwa <rockbox_at_patwanet.co.uk> wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone could advise what I'm doing wrong here.  I've
> installed the full cygwin 1.71 today.  I then tried to download the rockbox
> components needed to compile rockbox.

I'm not familiar with Rockbox development on Cygwin, but Cygwin 1.7 is
rather new and as far as I noticed that release had some bigger
changes. I wouldn't be surprised if binaries for Cygwin 1.5 aren't
compatible with Cygwin 1.7 -- and the binaries on the Rockbox website
are definitely too old to be suitable for 1.7. But perhaps it's just
some configuration file that changed instead.

 - Dominik