Subject: Re: ffmpeg coordination effort!

Re: ffmpeg coordination effort!

From: Mohamed Tarek <>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 01:28:24 +0200

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 7:02 PM, Mike Giacomelli <>wrote:
> The problem I see is that we do fixed point, while ffmpeg does floating
> point (except their MP3 decoder and lossless codecs). Its not clear to me
> that they're all that interested in fixed point.
I remember Benjamen Larsson (merbanan) asking about a fixed-point atrac3
diff against ffmpeg when he knew about it, and they had the fixed-point cook
patch under "interesting patches" in their wiki, so I assumed they would
have some sort of interest in fixed-point. If they don't have such interest,
then we need to know indeed the benefit they are expecting.