Subject: Re: multifont?

Re: multifont?

From: Nils <>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 09:08:14 +0700

On 2/11/10, Jonathan Gordon <> wrote:

> I now have a patch which works and is almost finished, but it uses
> separate buffers for each font (coming from the skin buffer, not new
> buffers) which I feel is a good enough solution until someone comes
> along and does the work to make it all into one buffer.
How are these buffers allocated? If they only use whatever free space
there is in the skinbuffer we might get into trouble if they get too
small and cause a spinup on almost any text drawing. Is there a limit
to how many fonts can be used in a theme?
Which also brings me to the biggest argument for the unified buffer,
even if i understand you nor anyone else is eager to implement it.
That if you use a lot of glyphs from one font and only a few from
another you either waste a lot of memory or spin the disk a lot.