Subject: Re: r24917: again no manual update

Re: r24917: again no manual update

From: Jonathan Gordon <>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 23:46:41 -0800

On 25 February 2010 23:20, Al Le <> wrote:
> r24917 introduced new WPS tags. But again: where is the manual patch? It's very hard to do it afterwards because one has to find what is not documented. Besides, I think we once agreed on the rule that every feature is only committed along with an entry in the manual. So dear Sirs, please...
> --
> Jetzt freischalten unter

WPS tags should NOT be in the manual.
1) its too bloodu long which scares people away from reading it (yes
its in an appendix but still, seeing 100+ pages is enough to turn
people off)
2) its updated too frequently
3) TeX is a PITA to work in and not everyone has the required tools
4) who is this we that agreed?
5) (something about not forcing the manual contributers to learn c) is and always will be the most
up to date info on the skin stuff. All changes go there pretty damn
quickly after a commit.