Subject: Re: r24917: again no manual update

Re: r24917: again no manual update

From: Alex Parker <>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 10:27:08 +0100

> WPS tags should NOT be in the manual.
> 1) its too bloodu long which scares people away from reading it (yes
> its in an appendix but still, seeing 100+ pages is enough to turn
> people off)

I disagree, but either way having a half and half mix is the worst possible

> 2) its updated too frequently

I don't get this argument at all? Why bother with a manual then?

> 3) TeX is a PITA to work in and not everyone has the required tools

Adding to a list is not difficult. At the very least could contributors who
can't be bothered to update the manual please create a list of things such
as tags they add so that others can update it.

> 5) (something about not forcing the manual contributers to learn c)
> A completely fallacious argument. Sure, if I went adding things to the
manual that didn't exist in the code then that might apply, but otherwise
this is just being silly.