Subject: Re: r24917: again no manual update

Re: r24917: again no manual update

From: Karl Kurbjun <>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 12:46:22 -0700

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 12:26 PM, Al Le <> wrote:

> On 26.02.2010 14:59, Paul Louden wrote:
> This could be solved rather easily by saying "if you can't figure out how
>> to update the manual, post a basic text file to Flyspray containing a
>> description of the tags added and what they do."
> Or, even better, just ask (e.g. in IRC) for the help. Maybe post a snippet
> to pastebin. Separate tasks in Flyspray could be a bit problematic if there
> are several changes to the same thing. We'd then have to analyze their
> chronological order. The best thing would be to commit the manual update in
> the same commit.
> I don't force everyone to learn LaTeX, but I'd like to see the right
> attitude, i.e. striving to keep code and the manual in sync.

I would not want to see the manual holding up the addition of features. I
agree that it is a noble cause to keep it up to date, but I do not see it as
critical enough to potentially deter developers from adding features or
making changes because they are not familiar with LaTeX. I think adding
tracker tasks is a reasonable medium between the two.