Subject: Re: Hotkey patch

Re: Hotkey patch

From: Jeff Goode <jeffg7_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 07:36:36 -0400

On 3/23/2010 00:54, Jonathan Gordon wrote:
> On 23 March 2010 03:01, Jeff Goode<jeffg7_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> A working patch for an assignable hotkey is available at FS#11081. It's
>> transparent if the target doesn't have HOTKEY defined in its config file. So
>> far its functions are limited but the framework is in place and it can be
>> easily expanded.
>>
>> It's not 100% ready for commitment, mostly because a couple of strings
>> aren't in english.lang yet. But I'd like to polish it up a bit and commit
>> it soon. I'd also like more targets to be added. I'd appreciate any
>> feedback.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jeff
>>

> IMO it doesnt go far enough so sholdn't be commited yet. I like the
> hotkey idea but it looks like the only avilable options are delete and
> insert? It should ideally let you set any of the insert/queue options
> and any of the other context menu options that make sense (also the
> WPS context menu also).

When I say that it's easily expanded, I mean *easily*, as in about 2
minutes of work. But so far the only requests I've had are for delete
(which is what I wanted all along) and insert. What others are wanted?
Some make no sense at all, such as opening submenus and the like, but
others might be useful. I stayed away from the WPS screen because
there's already a "hotkey" of sorts on that screen that opens the
playlist. I suppose I could take it over and make the button do
anything else on the WPS instead of hardcoding it to the playlist. Like
pitchscreen. :) That would be nice. Anything else?

Jeff