Subject: Re: Handling NoDo features

Re: Handling NoDo features

From: pouly amaury <amaury.pouly_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 22:57:09 +0100

> * Every single NoDo item *must* appear on http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/NoDo

That would be a good idea, that will avoid people coding something we don't
want or at least they'll discuss it *before*

* All NoDo items must have a proper rationale

I agree on this point. I'm aware than some NoDo item are not objective but
if there are NoDo it means that there is a relative subjective consensus and
thus the subjective rational should be mentioned. Anyway the NoDo list is
not here to convince people but to basically explain why a majority or
rockox dev don't want it.

> * All NoDo items must be reconfirmed once a year, possibly at DevCon

Not sure it should be so strict but why not. Anyway, most subjects will end
up being immediately confirmed as NoDo just because nobody proposed a
change, so it's not a real problem.

Amaury Pouly